As a specialised interpreter I interpret for both the private and public sectors, facilitating communication in a wide range of situations, from meetings of a technical nature to the highest diplomatic level. I have been accredited to work as a freelance interpreter in European institutions and work regularly at the European Parliament, the European Commission and the EU Council. Since 2009, I have been a member of the Slovene Association of Conference Interpreters. I have a wealth of experience with interpreting at international conferences, protocol events, management board and supervisory board meetings and press conferences.
Perhaps you are not organising a conference, but rather holding a confidential business meeting, negotiations or expecting a foreign delegation in your enterprise. In this case, I will help you select the most appropriate mode of interpreting to facilitate undisturbed and fluent communication with your business partners, thus contributing to a successful business arrangement.
Alternatively, I can accompany you as interpreter to state bodies, medical or educational institutions, and help you obtain public services and official documents.
What can you expect?
- I will advise you regarding the most suitable mode of interpreting for your event,
- I will put together a well-qualified and proven team,
- I will explain the technical requirements to ensure the successful execution of the event,
- I will help you to establish contact with companies offering interpreting equipment,
- I will comply with the Code of Professional Ethics
Conference interpreting can be rendered in one of the following modes:
- simultaneous (where the interpreter sits in a booth and interprets via a microphone with a short time lag, while other participants listen via headsets),
- consecutive (where the interpreter is in the same room as other participants and interprets the speaker, who divides his/her speech into blocks of content that are noted by the interpreter with the aid of a special note-taking technique),
- whispered (where the interpreter sits in close proximity to not more than two listeners and in a soft voice simultaneously interprets what the speaker is saying).
I guarantee clients a careful, exact translation with a timely delivery. My translation know-how and skills have been honed in the Secretary General’s Office of the Slovenian Government and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and since 2005 have been proven extensively on the freelance market. I translate all types of texts, and have particular expertise in the area of political documents and agreements. I am a member of the Association of Scientific and Technical Translators of Slovenia and have obtained its professional translator licence. My translations have repeatedly proven useful in competing for European funds, as is evident from the list of applications I have translated that have received European grants.
In my work as translator, I draw on common translation tools, including SDL Trados Studio 2014 and Wordfast, thus guaranteeing additional coherence and quality of work.
My translations into foreign languages are edited by reliable native speakers. As I attach equal importance to the high standard of Slovene texts, I also cooperate with a permanent team of accomplished language editors.
In this way, I can guarantee a high level of service and comply with the Code of Professional Practice adopted by the International Federation of Translators (FIT).
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development: Strategy for Slovenia, December 2013
- SEE River Brochure, Sustainable Integrated Management of International River Corridors in SEE Countries , November 2013
- We, the Alps! People Shaping the Future. 3rd Alpine Report. 2007, Publisher: CIPRA International, translated by T. Bosnič, F.J. Rac, T. Kern, M. Ornik and A. Skarlovnik Ziherl
- Pilleri, Giorgio, Plaudereien aus der Medizinschule, Trieste: Mladika, 2007, co-translated by Andreja Hočevar
- Innovative Measures to Maintain the Employment of Disabled Persons in Economic https://www.viagrasansordonnancefr.com/viagra-en-ligne/ Crisis, Proceedings of the ZDIS and FIMITIC International Conference, Ljubljana, 2009.
- Dictionary of Slovene-English False Friends, Ljubljana: Cankarjeva založba, 2004, letters D and U
- Review of Slovenski pravopis (Slovenian Orthography) 2001 for the Radio Študent broadcast Oči, da ne vidijo, 20 January 2002
- Review of Priročnik poslovne in protokolarne angleščine by Manica Lipec and Leksikon računalništva in informatike, edited by David Pahor for the Radio Študent broadcast Oči, da ne vidijo, 23 June 2002
- Translation of the Dutch short story Dekker, Coolen en Buis by Oek de Jong, published in the literary magazine Mentor (year 95/no.7-8).
- Translation of the Dutch short story Angst voor de achterbank by Vonne van der Meer, read during the Literary Nocturne of Radio Slovenia.
Translations of European Grant Applications
- Project by Radio Študent: Opportunity Seldom Knocks Twice, awarded a subsidy by the Representation Office the European Commission in Slovenia;
- Project by Radio Študent: Multicultural Radio Station Network, awarded a grant by the European Cultural Foundation;
- Project by Radio Študent: From Students to Professionals – Radio Journalist On-Sight Training Course, awarded a grant under the EU Leonardo da Vinci Programme;
- Project by the Institute for Ethnic Studies: Mainstreaming Vocational Guidance for Refugees and Migrants, recipient of European funds;
- Project by the University of Primorska, Science and Research Centre of Koper: Marketing European Wine: Training for Micro-Producers, recipient of a grant under the Leonardo da Vinci Programme;
- Multi-annual international project by the Soča Valley Development Centre: NENA
- SNAGA Javno podjetje d. o. o.: Translation of Tender Documentation SNAGA-36/13 for the selection of an expert consultancy provider for the optimisation of the biological part of the treatment plant at the Barje-Ljubljana non-hazardous waste landfill;
- The Federation of Disabled Workers of Slovenia, cooperation in the preparation of annual publications;
- Co-translation of study programme leaflets of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Ljubljana.
You can find my signature under numerous Discovery, Animal Planet and History programmes, and I have subtitled extensively for two national commercial TV stations.